This summer academy targets oboe & English horn players – professionalizing students, or professionals and teachers – who want to discover the basics of improvisation in various contexts (Jazz, World music and ancient music), or develop further their skills, in the privileged setting of La Roche-Guyon Castle.
Beware, the minimum instrumental level preferred is 8 or 9 years in music school or equivalent.
By working on orality, discover improvisation and progressively take interest in specific and remarkable cases of Jazz and Ancient music.
To achieve this:
- Acquire practical keys to discover and master individual and collective improvisation.
- Perform improvisation through specific tools in situations of individual and collective improvisation.
- Identify the main issues raised by the practice and the teaching of jazz and more generally improvised music.
- Illustrate the bridges between different kinds of music and oral or written traditions and highlight the interest of mastering improvisation to teach any kind of music.
- Learn a hands-on approach to develop further the skills.
The academy is organized around core courses and the specialization of your choice.
Lecture : improvisation, harmony jazz, listening and analysis
Duo course in various musical contexts
Initiation to piano accompaniment
Training on standards
In addition to the core courses, you can choose between two specializations in « Jazz » or « Ancient music ».
The specialization « Jazz » is given by Jean-Luc « Oboman » Fillon.
The specialization « Musiques anciennes » is given by William Dongois.